Tuesday, November 3, 2015

give thanks


This "give thanks" banner sold today. It was a great reminder in the middle of an overwhelming workday to simply be grateful for the many blessings in my life. 
  • An amazing husband who loves and supports me (even when I'm at my worst) and who does so much for our family and household
  • A beautiful, smart, kind, goofy, inquisitive, energetic son who is still young enough to love spending quality time with us, openly gives all the hugs and kisses we could hope for, and makes us laugh every day
  • All our family members living nearby -- making it possible to regularly get together with them, and who are always willing to lend a helping hand whenever we need it
  • Stable employment in positions where my husband and I are challenged and able to put our skills to use for the good of others
  • Living in a part of the world where we get to experience all of the seasons (even if some seem to last longer than others) and being able to enjoy the beauty each brings
  • Good health, plenty of food on the table, more than enough clothing, reliable transportation, a warm bed at night, and a roof over our heads
  • God's unwavering love, mercy, and promise of an eternal life with Him
Although it's easy to keep such thoughts in the forefront of my mind this time of year, most of the time I can quickly lose sight of all these good things and get wrapped up in or bogged down by the negative ones. I want to remember to frequently pause in the midst of life's noise and reflect on the things I have to be thankful for, because they truly are countless.

No comments:

Post a Comment