Thursday, March 17, 2016

overcommitted

The past two months have been quiet around here. This is because things have not been quiet elsewhere in my life. 

I have this bad habit of overcommitting to things. As I've gotten older, I have actually become better at setting limits and saying 'no' but it's still something I struggle with. I'm completely Type A, so I want to be able to do everything. Problem is -- I can't. I am human and there are only 24 hours in a day. (Why is it sooo difficult to remember that?!) 

No matter how hard I try, cramming 30 hours of stuff into 24 hours does not work. Juggling a full-time job, family, Etsy business, independent design work, etc. has left little to no time for the extras I want to include in my life. Things that overlap into what would be the margins simply have to get cut at times... thus my absence from the blog lately. 

I am fortunate to have a husband who notices when I'm about to get in over my head & tries to bring me back to reality before it's too late. Sometimes I listen. Sometimes I don't. Unfortunately, I recently ignored his voice of reason, and am now paying the price. :/  The past couple weeks have been especially busy, and I've still got 2-4 more to go before I'll be in the clear. 

I miss having time to share on here. Obviously, there's a lot I've been up to, so there is much I want to show and tell. You can subscribe (at right) to follow along & ensure you'll know as soon as things get back to "normal" or check in over the next few weeks. I promise I'll be back, and plan to work harder to set those limits in my life and stop cutting my margins.

In case you need this reminder too...

Source -- which links to a great article for those who struggle with this like I do :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a hard lesson to learn and to remember also!
    You are doing a fantastic job though...

    ReplyDelete